minajackson

221 g further administration processing k1

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

My fiance was not asked to show proof of our relationship during his visa interview. He was just asked five questions about me and couple about hiself then the person interviewing him handed him the yellow form 221g for further administration process. They gave his passport back but kept everything else. I heard it could take months or even longer. Now its been just one month. Nothing new. Ive been checking the ceac website and it says under ap.. the date however keeps getting updated. Last time I tried to check it said application error but I think the system is having a issue. Anyways the next day after my fiance interview he got a call from the embassy asking him questions about his family and him. Then the guy asked for his email and so on...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

My fiance was not asked to show proof of our relationship during his visa interview. He was just asked five questions about me and couple about hiself then the person interviewing him handed him the yellow form 221g for further administration process. They gave his passport back but kept everything else. I heard it could take months or even longer. Now its been just one month. Nothing new. Ive been checking the ceac website and it says under ap.. the date however keeps getting updated. Last time I tried to check it said application error but I think the system is having a issue. Anyways the next day after my fiance interview he got a call from the embassy asking him questions about his family and him. Then the guy asked for his email and so on...

hi there i don't about in your country but theres some couples here from pakistan thats been waiting for long time under ap..you should call the NVC and check on real status even their not much help...on mine situation my fiancee had his interview and approved but they hand him 221g and requested some documents which we sent one month a go and until now we haven't heard from them they haven't even review the document we sent so i called NVC and all they told me is to wait.. at this point i guess all we can do it wait inshallah we will be with our love ones.. good luck

Timeline

Hey the good thing is he was approved. You should email them back in case they put him in for further administration processing they can let you know if they did.

Only patient my friend I was in AP process for 11 months u can't do anything just pray and sabr nothing else

Remember ....

The moment you truly realize that everything happens by the permission of Allah, all your worries begin to fade away..! In Sha Allah

Timeline

Did u also have a k1 visa in ap? And did they ever tell you why they put you in ap or why it took so long! 11 months is too much.. dont they know that k1 is for people who are in love and want to be together. I dont understand at least they could have told him why they are putting him under ap that would relief some stress

• 1 month later...

Hey the good thing is he was approved. You should email them back in case they put him in for further administration processing they can let you know if they did.

Yes, stay on top of it! My fiancé was approved August 25th, 2013, while we were in AP the embassy decided that our petition expired and sent me a letter on October 21. 2013, to reapply with the fee. I am working with the Ombudsman on this but this is nonsense!

• 3 months later...

Yes, stay on top of it! My fiancé was approved August 25th, 2013, while we were in AP the embassy decided that our petition expired and sent me a letter on October 21. 2013, to reapply with the fee. I am working with the Ombudsman on this but this is nonsense!

Good luck! I filed a complaint with the CIS Ombudsman and they told me it was a DOS issue and they could not help me. After this I filed a waste case with the DOS OIG and they forwarded it to the Bureau of Consular Executive Office. They told me that they cannot overturn the embassy's decision to return the paperwork.

Ironically, my fiance had his interview on August 25, 2013 and my letter is dated October 21, 2013.

I agree that this is nonsense and that we have to pay again because the DOS can't get their work done within the established timeline.

I also contacted my Senator who was worthless.

I just reapplied last week but I am flying my fiance to another country so we don't have to deal with the US Embassy in Kabul.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.