robleftca

She done but kept passport??

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay guys update she turned in her taiwain paper and is all done now. When she went she turned it in and they kept her passport. She handed in paper work and guess they asked for her passport?

I have never read they keep yoru passport????

Another wierd thing is she didnt pay for the shipping of the visa. I thought you paid for it before? She said a couple of people now haven't paid till it arrives?

She was sooo hungry so she didn't explain very good but i am worried. This isn't what i read at all maybe i am tried and loopy cause i stay up waiting. She went with her friend so i though they had her cell but guess they went seperate ways as her friend also had to do some things to work overseas so she wasn't with her lol

Anyways we done but i need to know this sound right?

june 11th sent AOS paper work

june 24th got the three letters

july 14th finger prints done

Okay guys update she turned in her taiwain paper and is all done now. When she went she turned it in and they kept her passport. She handed in paper work and guess they asked for her passport?

I have never read they keep yoru passport????

Another wierd thing is she didnt pay for the shipping of the visa. I thought you paid for it before? She said a couple of people now haven't paid till it arrives?

She was sooo hungry so she didn't explain very good but i am worried. This isn't what i read at all maybe i am tried and loopy cause i stay up waiting. She went with her friend so i though they had her cell but guess they went seperate ways as her friend also had to do some things to work overseas so she wasn't with her lol

Anyways we done but i need to know this sound right?

Everything is fine. The same thing happened with us. We had to give the USEM more documents.

She will receive her passport along with her visa when Air21 delivers her visa package. She will pay the delivery fee COD (when the visa package is delivered to her). Depending on where her visa package is delivered, the fee will cost about 200-300 Php.

Congratz on finishing the interview and getting the final piece of paperwork into the USEM. You guys will be celebrating soon.

~ Tahoma

It is a good thing the Embassy kept the passport as the visa goes in the passport. Congrats in advance.

If I remember correctly Air21 started out with all deliveries being Collect On Delivery (COD). Now it seems it is random whether you pay in advance or not.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
It is a good thing the Embassy kept the passport as the visa goes in the passport. Congrats in advance.

If I remember correctly Air21 started out with all deliveries being Collect On Delivery (COD). Now it seems it is random whether you pay in advance or not.

Thanks guys, just i was tired and with us not having the docs the first time i want to make sure we do everying correct. I still worried she didn't get that pink paper everyone else gets :unsure:

I'll be happy when she gets the visa in hand lol

As for shipment, she lives way the heck down south 9 hours by bus so i think it will be the 300 pesos atleast lol.

june 11th sent AOS paper work

june 24th got the three letters

july 14th finger prints done

Thanks guys, just i was tired and with us not having the docs the first time i want to make sure we do everying correct. I still worried she didn't get that pink paper everyone else gets :unsure:

I'll be happy when she gets the visa in hand lol

As for shipment, she lives way the heck down south 9 hours by bus so i think it will be the 300 pesos atleast lol.

You have done everything right. When the Consul requires someone to turn in more documents, they won't receive a pink slip when those documents are turned in. Instead, you simply wait for the visa packet to be delivered. If it seems like it is taking too long for the visa packet to be delivered, then call the Embassy and ask about your status. Call...call...call.

Good luck!

~ Tahoma

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.