antda

N-400: Ant's USCIS Thanksgiving Present (Interview letter)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Just to update and let all you VJers know that....

The USCIS sent me a Canadian/American Thanksgiving present!...:shocked:

Recently (on 10/17/09), it was a snowy afternoon (it was the first snowfall of the year too), and I had just returned from Buffalo, NY, as I had dropped my Canadian relatives back to the bus terminal there, since they came over here for a visit recently this week to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving on Oct 12-17 with me and my family (I couldn't go back to Canada this year with my son being so young and while my N-400 was processing). Being somewhat tired from the trip, we wanted to get back home as quick as possible (especially since the baby was crying in the backseat, wanting to be fed). However, before I got home, we quickly drove by our mailbox (which is literally a mile away), and.....

I found an envelope from the USCIS in blue lettering, (postmarked 10/13/09) from Missouri, opened the envelope in the car,

And I read the letter as follows:

Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview

Notice Date: October 13, 2009

Case Title: N-400 Application for Naturalizaton

USCIS A#: A#########

Application Number: NBC*#########

Received Date: September 11, 2009

Priority Date: September 11, 2009

Page 1 of 1

Applicant Name and Mailing address: (My First and Last Name and Mailing Address)

Please come to:

USCIS

130 Delaware Avenue

USCIS

1st Floor Lobby

Buffalo NY 14202

On (Date): Wednesday, November 18, 2009

At (Time): 02:30 PM

You are hearby notified to appear for an interview on your Application for Naturalization at the date, time, and place indicated above. Waiting room capacity is limited. Please do not arrive any earlier than 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. The proceeding will take about two hours. If for any reason you cannot keep this appointment, return this letter immediately to the USCIS office address listed below with your explaination and a request for a new appointment, otherwise no further action will be taken on your application.

If you are applying for citizenship for yourself, you will be tested on your knowledge of the government and history of the United States. You will also be tested on reading, writing, and speaking English, unless on the day you filed your application, you have been living in the United States for a total of 20 years as a lawful permanent resident and are over 50 years old, or you have been living in the United States for a total of 15 years as a lawful permanent resident and are over 55 years old, or unless you have a medically dereminable disability (you must have filed form N648 Medical Certification for Disability Exemption, with your N400 Application for Naturalization).

You MUST BRING the following with you to the interview:

-This letter

-Your Alien Registration Card (green card).

-Any evidence of Selective Service Registration

-Your passport and/or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the United States.

-Those items noted below which are applicable to you:

If applying for NATURALIZATION AS THE SPOUSE of a United States Citizen:

-Your marriage certificate

-Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse.

-Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.

If applying for NATURALIZATION as a member of the United States Armed Forces;

-Your discharge certificate, or form DD214.

If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview.

PLEASE keep this appointment, even if you do not have all the items indicated above.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this notice or the status of your case, please contact our office at the below address or customer service number. You will be notified separately about any other cases you may have filed.

USCIS has a free booklet to help you study for the naturalization test. Ask about 'Learn about the United States: Quick Civics Lessons' when you go to have your fingerprints taken at the Application Support Center.

USCIS Office Address:

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Federal Center

130 Delaware Ave.

Buffalo, NY, 14202

USCIS Customer Service Number: (800) 375-5283

Applicant Copy

As well, I also got the following 2-page piece of paper too:

N-659 Naturalization Interview Document Check List

Notice to Naturalization Applicants

Bring the original and a photocopy of the applicable items listed below to your naturalization interview. Any document in a foreign language must be accompanied by an English language translation. The translator must certify that he or she is competent to translate and that all the translation is accurate.

You must be on time for your interview. Late arrivals may result in the need to reschedule your interview. Rescheduling can cause significant delays in the processing of your application. Bring all required documents to avoid delays in processing your case. This is a general checklist and since each case is unique, you may be required to submit additional documentation.

Document Checklist

1. You must be property attired and bring:

A. Your Permanent Resident Card (previously known as "Alien Registration Card" or "Green Card") and a

B. A government issued photo identification and

C. All passport and travel documents (expired and current) issued to you by any government.

D. Although not required, it is recommended that you bring additional passport-style photos (2"x2"). The photos must be in color with full face, frontal view on a white to off-white background. Head height must measure 1" to 1 3/8" from top of hair to bottom of chin, and eye height in between 1 1/8" to 1 3/8" from bottom of photo. For additional specifications, refer to <http://travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotos/ondex.html.>

2. If your current name is different than the name on your Permanent Resident Card bring:

The document that legally changed your name (e.g., marriage license, divorce decree, court

document).

3. If you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen, bring:

A. Proof that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for at least the past 3 yrs. (birth cert.,

naturalization cert. of citizenship, your spouse's valid US passport, or form FS-240, Report of

birth cert. abroad of a citizen of the USA), and

B. Your current marriage certificate registered by a civil authority; and

C. Proof of termination of all previous marriages for both of you (divorce decree, death cert.,

registered by a civil authority); and

D. An original IRS form 1722 listing tax information for the past 3 yrs, or copies of the income tax

forms you filed for the past 3 yrs; and

E. Proof of marital union as well as proof of residence; and

F. Certified copies of birth cert. of all your children born in the U.S.

4. If you have ever been in the US military, or are applying based on military service (see sections

328 and 329 of the INA) and have not submitted the 2 forms listed below with your N-400, bring:

A. An original form N-426, request for cert. of military or naval service; and

B. An original form G-325B, biographic information

5. If you have taken a trip outside the US that lasted for 6 mos. or more since becoming a

permanent resident, bring:

A. Evidence showing that you did not abandon your residence or terminate your employment in

the US nor abandon your US abode; and

B. An original IRS 1722 letter, listing tax information for the past 5 yrs. (or for the past 3 yrs)

if you are applying on the basis of marriage to a US citizen.

6. If you have taken a dependent spouse or children and have ordered to provide financial support,

bring:

A. Copies of the court or government order to provide finacial support; and

B. Evidence that you have complied with court order (cancelled check, money order receipts, a

court or agency printout of child support payments, or evidence of wage garnishment).

7. If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason and

no charges were filed, bring:

An official, certified statement from the arresting agency or applicable court indicating that no

charges were filed.

8. If you have ever been arrested ir detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason and

charges were filed, bring:

An original or certified copy of the record(s) arrest and the complete court disposition (dismissal

order, conviction record, or aquittal order).

9. If you have been convicted or place in an alternative sentencing program or rehabilitative

program, bring:

A. The sentencing record of each incident and,

B. Evidence that you completed your sentence, such as probation record, parole record, or

evidencethat you completed an alternative program or rehabilatative program. Copies must

certified copies from the issuing agency.

10. If you have ever had any arrest or conviction vacated, set aside, sealed, expunged, or otherwise

removed from your records, bring:

An original or certified copy of the court order vacating, setting aside, sealing, expunging, or

otherwise removing the arrest or conviction.

Note: Unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related or serious personal injury to another

personoccurred, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did

not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and//or points on

your driver license.

11. If you have any Federal, State, or local taxes that are overdue, bring:

A. A signed agreement from the IRS, State, or local tax office showing that you have filed a tax

return and have arranged to pay the taxes you owe; and

B. Documentation from the IRS, State, or local tax office showing the current status of your

repayment program.

12. If you are applying for a disability exception to the testing requirement and have not submitted

form N-648, bring:

An original from N-648, medical certification of disability exceptions, completed by a licensed

medical doctor, licensed clinical psychologist, or licensed doctor of osteopathy.

13. If registered with the selective service, bring proof of such. If you did not register with the

selective and you are (1) male, (2) over 26 yrs old, (3) were born on or after January 1, 1960,

and (4) were a permanent resident between tye ages of 18 and 26 when you failed to register,

expalain your failure to register and bring:

A "status information letter" from the selective service.

14. If you are requesting expedition naturalization under section 319( B ) of the INA through the military

service, bring

The US citizen's travel order that include the name of the alien spouse and establish that the

overseas assignment will end no less than 12 mos. beyond the date of the naturalization

interview.

Yippee! I got my N-400 interview letter and interview date!.... :dance:

I was surprised too, at how quickly the interview will be coming up soon, in a month later..wow! It looks like the USCIS is speeding things up!

And yes, perhaps that walk-in fingerprints that I had earlier helped pushed things faster too...hmmm..... :whistle:

Lol...it looks like I have to get cracking at the books and studying the history and civics test.....Oh my!...Back to the books..:reading:

And I hope too, that I'll make it to Buffalo, NY for the interview without any problems, snowstorms, or whatever else....

Funny too, how the interview date of Nov 18 is close to the American Thanksgiving date of Nov 26.

Yup, the USCIS has made my Canadian and American Thanksgivings more reason to celebrate, indeed...:)

Now if only they can make it even happier, for me passing the interview and getting an oath date soon after that.

Will keep you all updated as to what happens next....meanwhile...back to studying and celebrating! Turkey, stuffed with USCIS letters anyone?

Good luck with the rest of your journeys too.

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

P.S. I also just checked my online CRIS and E-mail updates, which also said and confirmed the interview letter with the following:

Online CRIS (Last Updated 10/13/2009):

Testing and Interview

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

E-mail:

Case Status Information for Receipt Number: NBC*#########

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:00 AM

To: (my e-mail address)

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*#########

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on a speedy journey! :thumbs:

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow that was quick! Good luck on the interview.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Good luck on the interview

I-751

1/12/08 - sent I-751 to TSC

2/7/08 - money order cashed

1/24/08 - Transferred to VERMONT

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

12/16/2008 finally Approved

N-400

12/03/08 Eligible to file N400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

11/07/09 Case sent to Local office for interview

11/23/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled ---Approved

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

wow ant that was super quick! congrats! hope to join you as i got the email already but am awaiting the IL. it would be lovely to get this all done before the holidays so that i can get my passport and maybe sneak down to see my family early in the New Year.

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats on the speedy processing, Ant!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Congratulations!

I got my IL soon too!

I got my GC in 4 months and hopefully my USC in 4 months as well.

We got lucky that the only long wait for us was just for the I-751, which at least doesn't give you any extra benefit....

AOS:

RD: 6/21/06

Biometrics: 7/25/06

ID: 10/24/06 - Approved

Conditional GC Received: 11/3/06

I-751

RD: 7/31/08

NOA 1: 8/6/08

Biometrics: 8/26/08

Transferred to CSC: 2/25/09

Approved: 4/23/09 (email received)

Card mailed: 4/28/09 (email received)

Card Received: 5/1/09

N-400

RD & PD: 7/28/09

NOA 1: 8/1/09

Biometric appt: 8/12/09

Interview Letter received: 10/02/09 (notice dated 09/29)

Interview Date: 11/10/09 at Federal Plaza in Manhattan

Oath Letter: 11/10/09

Oath Date: 11/13/09 - Special ceremony at USS Intrepid - Done - USC

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies and good luck wishes for my N-400 Interview...:)

And yes, I'll be posting a detailed review about that, as soon as I get that done, so you can all read about it (if you're interested about that too, that is).

I was surprised that I got an interview this quickly in the process, as I thought that I would have to wait longer for such. Maybe the USCIS is getting better in some ways after all..lol....

I guess this now makes up for the long delays that I had before with my I-751 case....Compensation, at the last stage, indeed! And yes, I do want to end on a good note with the USCIS (as I mentioned about this before in my N-400 cover letter too).

I hope I pass the interview though. I'm feeling nervous about it already...Still can't believe that it will happen soon..Almost at the end of the immigration game...And perhaps I can possibly get this all done by the end of the year too, if I get an oath date before the end of the year..wow...Happy 2010 as a US Citizen? (wishful thinking though)

Meanwhile, I'll just keep on studying and preparing the best that I can here....

By the way, to those of you who are going for N-400 inteviews too: Good luck..And best wishes to you!...Happy studying! And yes, you'll pass and do well there too and get a quick oath date too.....:thumbs:

Good luck on the rest of your journeys as well, at whatever stage of the game you're in...:)

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.