gmjdmj

Affidavit of Support

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have gotten conflicting information in reference to question 11 on the I-134 here in the UK forum. I filled out the I-134 based on the example forms here on VJ, then I was looking today and a few people had said that London prefers that you answer question 11 differently. On the example, you don't mark intend or not intend and write how you intend to support the fiance and then I am hearing that you should mark intend and how you intend to support. I have already sent my documentation to my fiance and will send a revised form if I need to but I want to make sure if it matters or not. Does anyone know the correct answer on this? I saw a forum about it back in August but I couldn't find a clear answer...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I have gotten conflicting information in reference to question 11 on the I-134 here in the UK forum. I filled out the I-134 based on the example forms here on VJ, then I was looking today and a few people had said that London prefers that you answer question 11 differently. On the example, you don't mark intend or not intend and write how you intend to support the fiance and then I am hearing that you should mark intend and how you intend to support. I have already sent my documentation to my fiance and will send a revised form if I need to but I want to make sure if it matters or not. Does anyone know the correct answer on this? I saw a forum about it back in August but I couldn't find a clear answer...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to know the answer this as well. Obviously I do intend to support my wife but do I need to put a certain amount? I am currently filling out the paperwork now. Also does anyone know if I should list my kids as dependents? I figure I should just not sure if that means that I have filed an affidavit of support for other people. Thanks!

I've been told by many (including the example form on this website), to answer "N/A K-1 visa process for permanent residence."

Seems to have worked for lots of people.

Actually it has been noted at London that if you write N/A for K-1 visa process, you will be faced with problems such as the CO asking you to re-submit a new I-134. For all purposes for the US Embassy in London, for Question #11, the answer should be I INTEND TO and then a short explanation somewhere along the lines of "I intend to provide all means of support: financially, room and board, and all other means required for my fiance upon entry in the USA and after marriage thereon for life."

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

gmjdmj I sent you a PM :)

For everyone else that is confused about Question #11, these links should clear up your confusion:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=148970&hl

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2795170

gmjdmj I sent you a PM :)

For everyone else that is confused about Question #11, these links should clear up your confusion:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=148970&hl

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2795170

Thanks, Marm! This is what I did with mine, as well. Our interview is coming up shortly and it's good to know we went the right way. :)

Edited by Ian and Lisa

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Thanks, Marm! This is what I did with mine, as well. Our interview is coming up shortly and it's good to know we went the right way. :)

You are welcome! Good luck with your upcoming interview :thumbs:

Hi guys, I have a question. What should the co-sponsor put as the answer? Something along the lines of "Financial assistance as necessary"?

ROC Journey
2012-10-01: Paperwork Received
2012-12-03: Biometrics Appointment (Delayed twice)

2012-04-24: Approved

Hi guys, I have a question. What should the co-sponsor put as the answer? Something along the lines of "Financial assistance as necessary"?

I think that's fine. For some visa types, this is more of a relevant question. For Ks, it's a bit broad and as such, hard to answer with any exactness.

SA4userbar.jpg

ROC Journey
2012-10-01: Paperwork Received
2012-12-03: Biometrics Appointment (Delayed twice)

2012-04-24: Approved

Timeline

I am the petitioner, and I don't have income to support my fiance so we have a co-sponsor. Do I still mark I INTEND, and state something like "Financial support as necessary" on my I-134 Affidavit? Or what should I write? Thanks for any help!

For my co-sponsor, if she marks INTEND and "Financial support as necessary" enough or does she have to be more specific about amount and for how long? She will be living in a different state in the U.S, so cannot prove room and board.

I am the petitioner, and I don't have income to support my fiance so we have a co-sponsor. Do I still mark I INTEND, and state something like "Financial support as necessary" on my I-134 Affidavit? Or what should I write? Thanks for any help!

For my co-sponsor, if she marks INTEND and "Financial support as necessary" enough or does she have to be more specific about amount and for how long? She will be living in a different state in the U.S, so cannot prove room and board.

Yes, even if you don't have income, you still file the I-134 and mark the "I INTEND" box with a statement just like the one you plan to write, as I am sure you do intend to support your fiance once you can, and the embassy prefers that you do as well. Also, for your co-sponsor, you have the right idea and the statement you have written is fine. As for the time duration of the financial support, you can just say "Financial support as necessary for as long as needed" or something like that, you don't want to put a time limit on there.

You are good to go :thumbs:

Timeline

Yes, even if you don't have income, you still file the I-134 and mark the "I INTEND" box with a statement just like the one you plan to write, as I am sure you do intend to support your fiance once you can, and the embassy prefers that you do as well. Also, for your co-sponsor, you have the right idea and the statement you have written is fine. As for the time duration of the financial support, you can just say "Financial support as necessary for as long as needed" or something like that, you don't want to put a time limit on there.

You are good to go :thumbs:

Thank you for you help!

Thank you for posting this question and thank you to the folks who cleared this up. I had to go back and reprint mine with the adjustments and sending them off asap. Glad I found this!

Check our Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.