westguard

Case Status Information - Any ideas?

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I had a strange Case Status Information update by email today.

We were sent the IMBRA RFE earlier this week and my fiancee is signing it on Monday (she is returning home after visiting me in London), so our attorney will send that back to USCIS on Monday too.

I called the USCIS customer service line and they told me that our case had been approved, but that the IMBRA RFE was just holding up our case, much to our horror as our wedding is on November 17th 2006!

Today, I received the following by email:

"On July 7, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Given that we haven't sent back the RFE just yet, and that I know our case has been approved, then what on earth does that mean? Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, who wants to place bets on the likelyhood of our K1 going through?! Don't worry though, we have a back up plan if it looks unlikely but the K1 route is our preferred way of doing things.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by westguard

visaJourneySignature.jpg

Plan your wedding and create a wedding web site at wedsimple.com

From what I understand about IMBRA, the USC's criminal background doesn't affect the approval. It is only concerned with informing the foreign fiance of the USC's background.

Most likely your case has been researched and approved, but they are waiting for the IMBRA related RFE to be turned in. When that happens they will be able to generate the NOA2 and send your case on.

I hope it happens soon for you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You can call USCIS on Monday and ask the meaning of this update.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.