hello28

SAVE system question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello,

Just started reading this forum. My wife's EAD should be arriving soon, I hope. After that I really hope to get the SSN soon after that so we can apply for her driver's license. Some people mention it will take longer to get an SSN if you aren't in the SAVE system. How do I make sure my wife is in that system, and what can I do now, if anything? Someone mentioned an INFOPASS (?) appointment in order to get into the SAVE system.

Thanks.

Hello,

Just started reading this forum. My wife's EAD should be arriving soon, I hope. After that I really hope to get the SSN soon after that so we can apply for her driver's license. Some people mention it will take longer to get an SSN if you aren't in the SAVE system. How do I make sure my wife is in that system, and what can I do now, if anything? Someone mentioned an INFOPASS (?) appointment in order to get into the SAVE system.

Thanks.

Getting into the SAVE system is not something you can do yourself. Immigration will enter the information into the system after arrival into the states. And yes it will take longer to get a SSN if your wife isn't in the system yet. Most of the refugees I worked with would be in SAVE within a month after arrival. You could try an INFOPASS appointment (couldn't hurt). Immigration may put it in because of that reason.

Filed: Timeline
Hello,

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/SAVE.htm

I guess you could try calling the SAVE office and run it by them 202-272-8720.

I haven't seen this, but it is something to keep in mind, just in case the Status Line of SAVE shows PEN for Pending, i.e. I-485 pending and the Eligiblity Line has “Temporary Employment Authorized.” If it shows that and the name is spelled correctly (allowing for one letter to be off) and the date of birth is correct you should be good to go.

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203735

RM 00203.735 Requesting Online (Primary) Verification By SAVE

C. Procedure – Explanation of Fields on Online SAVE Query Response

9. INS Status

In general, the code on the “INS Status” line indicates the person's immigration status. Always check the “Eligibility Statement” line to determine if the SAVE query response confirms the applicant's immigration status and authority to work.

F. Procedure — Interpreting the “Eligibility Statement” Message on the SAVE Query Response

The Eligibility Statement message on the SAVE query response provides clarification of the alien's current immigration status and employment eligibility information.

Process the SSN card application, basing the decision on the SAVE query response as well as all the evidence submitted, when all the information on the SAVE query response matches the information on the immigration document submitted, the SAVE query response Eligibility Statement message agrees with the immigration status indicated on the immigration document submitted.

Generally, when the SAVE query response information matches the information on the immigration document and the Eligibility Statement message is “Lawful Permanent Resident – Employment Authorized,” “Refugee – Employment Authorized,” “Asylee – Employment Authorized,” or “Temporary Employment Authorized,” continue processing the SSN application, basing the decision on the SAVE query response as well as other evidence submitted.

4. SAVE Eligibility Statement Line Message Is “Temporary Employment Authorized”

a. SAVE Eligibility Statement Message and Immigration Document Agree

Process the SSN card application, basing the decision on the SAVE response as well as other evidence submitted when:

-- All information on the SAVE query response matches the information on the immigration document;

-- The immigration documents indicate temporary employment authorization (e.g., I-94 with an alien classification that shows the person is authorized to work, Form I-766, or Form I-688B); AND

-- If the SAVE query response Eligibility Statement line shows the message “Temporary Employment Authorized

G. List of Most Common “INS Status” Line Codes

NOTE: Generally, regardless of the INS Status line code, when the alien has been issued an EAD and the "A" number is entered to query SAVE, the Eligibility Statement message is “Temporary Employment Authorized.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.