AllRightsReserved

K1/K2 Interview Experience

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let me cut this short as all goes the same except for the questions.

Woke up at 4am, Cloe fetched us with his dad and arrived USEM at around 6am. Went on line for appointment letter/ID check, scanning of things and went right away to sit on the blue chairs.

Waited to get instructed to line up again for DS-forms checking, pictures attached and no blanks left unanswered. Stub will be given as your cue number.

Was called for finger scanning at window 16.

Watched out for our number to be flashed for pre-screening. Was getting nervous until assigned to window 24, she was nice that you won't feel nervous at all as she asks you.

*We greeted each other 'good morning'!

*Was asked the following questions:

How we met? when?

When was his first visit?

Any other visits?

What's age? my age?

What's his job?

What course I finished in college?

If I still see the girls' father?

She asked the girls their names and age.

Asked from me our birth certificates (wasn't expecting since my fiance' submitted them with I-129F) good I have them, NBI clearance, CENOMAR, affidavit of support, ITR, money remittances, pictures and emails. She complimented me on the emails for using good quality papers,LOL. That's all she asked from me, I was wanting to give her more to lighten the weight of my bag. :lol: Too bad she did not even a single printed chat from one of our talks for 2 years, NO!

Went back for a seat and waited for our number be cued for the final interview. Assigned at RM27, waited for 15mins I guess for an interviewee to finish ahead of us, was seeing RM28 has interviewed about 3 already and we haven't started yet which goes to show our CO might give us a hard time.

As we enter, we greeted her with my daughter saying 'good morning po' :lol: She likewise greeted us. The CO is in her 30's, pretty and simply brushed up her hair.

*Raised our right hand for the oath.

*So you are......? yes ma'am.

*Asked the girls' names and ages

*How did you met Michael?

*When did your first talked?

*When was his first visit?

*What's his job? What does he do? I explained in detail.

She kept browsing our album as she asked me questions.

*Ahh, so you are a nurse? You'll have good opportunity there!..thank you ma'am!

*I see your family are all there..how were they able to get there?... t'was through F4 visa ma'am..what's that? My grandparents petitioned us but unfortunately as the visa quota was available, I was more then 21 yrs old then.....ooohh, u were too old to go.. :bonk:

*I also see that u were once denied for a visa, why is that? Ma'am I was supposed to attend my aunt's wedding as a bridesmaid but got denied......oohh that was bad. :no:

*Alexa's registration is late, why is that?...I answered...then she asked me her baptismal certificate...she asked me again...so Portia is late registered?..I said no ma'am, that's Alexa...oh yes, sorry. I think she was just trying to test me how familiar I am with the facts.

*Does the girls have same father? yes ma'am! ;)

*Do you still see the girls' father? yes ma'am on unexpected circumstances since he lives on the same city....ok, I understand that. :yes:

*Can you show me some pictures of you and the girls? I handed her 10 pics each for Portia and Alexa (infancy - pre-adulthood). :P , hospital pics right after they were born,baptismal, bdays......the CO really looked at them in detail and glances at each of the girls...she again tried to confuse me, is this Alexa? no ma'am, that's Portia.

CO: I think everything's ok, I don't see any problem. All you have to do is go to window 34(cnt remember it right) so your visa could be printed...I replied kindly...our big thanks to you ma'am...the girls dueted, thank you po, goodbye po! :lol: She smiled and said welcome.

At Window 34, I was given PINK SLIP only!

What a relief! Our talks was just like very casual though I kept waiting for her to look at us but she didn't. It was me who kept trying to make an eye contact. I think as long as you know every detail, there won't be a problem, that's how I see it. Just be smart, show a little confidence and be professional in answering. Being over prepared with documents is an advantage than be sorry later.

Above all, have faith in HIM. (F)

Edited by AllRightsReserved

Our Medical Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Timeline
CHEERS! :luv: CONGRATULATIONS!

Did they ask about DV still?

Thanks! I was not asked for the receipt..I am not sure if it's either my documents are there already since I paid August 28 or that DV isn't a requirement anymore. What's confusing is, sis Cloe was still asked for her DV receipt, she paid Oct.2.

Our Medical Experience

AOS/EAD/AP

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Woke up at 4am, Cloe fetched us with his dad and arrived USEM at around 6am. Went on line for appointment letter/ID check, scanning of things and went right away to sit on the blue chairs.

Waited to get instructed to line up again for DS-forms checking, pictures attached and no blanks left unanswered. Stub will be given as your cue number.

Watched out for our number to be flashed for pre-screening. Was getting nervous until assigned to window 24, she was nice that you won't feel nervous at all as she asks you.

How we met? when?

Any other visits?

What's age? my age?

What's his job?

Asked from me our birth certificates (wasn't expecting since my fiance' submitted them with I-129F) good I have them, NBI clearance, CENOMAR, affidavit of support, ITR, money remittances, pictures and emails. She complimented me on the emails for using good quality papers,LOL. That's all she asked from me, I was wanting to give her more to lighten the weight of my bag. :lol: Too bad she did not even a single printed chat from one of our talks for 2 years, NO!

Went back for a seat and waited for our number be cued for the final interview. Assigned at RM27, waited for 15mins I guess for an interviewee to finish ahead of us, was seeing RM28 has interviewed about 3 already and we haven't started yet which goes to show our CO might give us a hard time.

As we enter, we greeted her with my daughter saying 'good morning po' :lol: She likewise greeted us. The CO is in her 30's, pretty and simply brushed up her hair.

*I see your family are all there..how were they able to get there?... t'was through F4 visa ma'am..what's that? My grandparents petitioned us but unfortunately as the visa quota was available, I was more then 21 yrs old then.....ooohh, u were too old to go.. :bonk:

*I also see that u were once denied for a visa, why is that? Ma'am I was supposed to attend my aunt's wedding as a bridesmaid but got denied......oohh that was bad. :no:

*Alexa's registration is late, why is that?...I answered...then she asked me her baptismal certificate...she asked me again...so Portia is late registered?..I said no ma'am, that's Alexa...oh yes, sorry. I think she was just trying to test me how familiar I am with the facts.

*Do you still see the girls' father? yes ma'am on unexpected circumstances since he lives on the same city....ok, I understand that. :yes:

*Can you show me some pictures of you and the girls? I handed her 10 pics each for Portia and Alexa (infancy - pre-adulthood). :P , hospital pics right after they were born,baptismal, bdays......the CO really looked at them in detail and glances at each of the girls...she again tried to confuse me, is this Alexa? no ma'am, that's Portia.

CO: I think everything's ok, I don't see any problem. All you have to do is go to window 34(cnt remember it right) so your visa could be printed...I replied kindly...our big thanks to you ma'am...the girls dueted, thank you po, goodbye po! :lol: She smiled and said welcome.

What a relief! Our talks was just like very casual though I kept waiting for her to look at us but she didn't. It was me who kept trying to make an eye contact. I think as long as you know every detail, there won't be a problem, that's how I see it. Just be smart, show a little confidence and be professional in answering. Being over prepared with documents is an advantage than be sorry later.

Congrats!!!

I also age out.F4 also.My parents visa and 4 siblings were granted,I did not attend the Visa interview because I know that i will be denied.

that was last year.

I meet my fiance before my parents migrate in US.

my question is this, is that ok to show to the Consul pictures that my fiance and family meet in the US?

Timeline

Congrats!!!

I also age out.F4 also.My parents visa and 4 siblings were granted,I did not attend the Visa interview because I know that i will be denied.

that was last year.

my question is this, is that ok to show to the Consul pictures that my fiance and family meet in the US?

Yes, in fact, part of the album I presented showed my fiance's 4x visits to my family in Michigan. That's one of my worries before also.

Our Medical Experience

AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sis congratzzzzzz... :dance::dance::dance: I am excited for your visa LOL

I seen how happy you were and the girls after the interview LOL you can't even write on Delbro's delivery form LOL

Hahahaha! Hope to see you again soon! Congratulations to you and to the girls, and to Mike yaaayyyy!

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

II Corinthians 5:7

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
woohooooo! sabi ko na nga ba at approve kayo! ;) sana mareceive nyo na visa nyo very very soon! i am happy for you sis! :dance: sa inyong dalawa ni cloe! :dance: congrats and balitaan nyo ako kpg nareceive nyo na visa nyo ha :D

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations on a job well done!!! Welcome to the USA!!!

Yours Truly,

Maria and Steve

Timeline

May 2008........................We met for the first time. I did not know I was speaking to my future!

July 18, 2008...................Met my Sweet Lady for the first time in Cebu!

July 23, 2008...................Got Engaged!!!!!

July 26, 2008...................How could I bring myself to leave her? Going home to Dallas

August 16, 2008...............Mailed I-129f to Vermont Service Center via Fedex

August 18, 2008...............Check Cashed

August 20, 2008...............NOA1 Here we go! And now we wait and pray!

October 1, 2008...............NOA2 WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

October 6, 2008...............NOA2 Hard Copy received in the Mail Today

October 6, 2008...............NVC has received the Case and issued us an MNL#

October 9, 2008...............Delbros paid

October 10, 2008..............Embassy receives case

October 15, 2008..............Visa application fee paid

October 19, 2008..............Interview scheduled for November 12th

October 27, 2008..............First Day of Medical Long Day!!!

October 29, 2008..............Second Day of Medical at St.Lukes. Finished!!!!!!!

October 29, 2008..............Received Confirmation of Interview Via Email. Confirmed for Nov. 12th

November 12, 2008...........Interview Day Passed!!!! Received the wonderful Pink Slip

November 16, 2008...........Delbros sends a text: Visa is ready for dispatch

November 18, 2008...........Received our Visa!!! Yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 22, 2008...........POE Dallas!!!Maria is here!!!!God is very good!!!

Timeline

Congratulations!! :thumbs::dance::thumbs:

How we met? when?

Any other visits?

What's age? my age?

What's his job?

Timeline
Sis congratzzzzzz... :dance::dance::dance: I am excited for your visa LOL

I seen how happy you were and the girls after the interview LOL you can't even write on Delbro's delivery form LOL

Hahahaha! Hope to see you again soon! Congratulations to you and to the girls, and to Mike yaaayyyy!

Thanks sis, who won't be happy about that...we were just both as happy you know.LOL.

Dn't worry, youll have your visa soon as they say no DV anymore and who knows we might be flying together...yahooo.

woohooooo! sabi ko na nga ba at approve kayo! ;) sana mareceive nyo na visa nyo very very soon! i am happy for you sis! :dance: sa inyong dalawa ni cloe! :dance: congrats and balitaan nyo ako kpg nareceive nyo na visa nyo ha :D

Hi sis! big thanks to you...you're now free with my kakulitan, :lol: Just so you all know, sis Pink is one of those who had helped me here (get ready for them to bug you sis :P ).

Keep in touch! see you there!! yayyy! :dance:

Congratulations on a job well done!!! Welcome to the USA!!!

Thank you Steve...you'll sure be able to do it well also, Good luck!

Congratulations!! :thumbs::dance::thumbs:

Thanks a lot!

Edited by AllRightsReserved

Our Medical Experience

AOS/EAD/AP

Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: . Manay, I knew that you and the kids will have it easy :). Have a safe trip to the USA. Happy Reunion with Mike and your family :thumbs: .Sana magkita tayo before ka umalis.I arrived here in Bicol 2days ago.

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

How we met? when?

Any other visits?

What's age? my age?

What's his job?

Congrats!!!

that was last year.

mabalos po,ang iniisip ko lang if baka iba ang isipin ng CO, baka maisip niyang we meet thru family.

kasi malapit lang na state ang fiance ko sa parents ko.

Congrats uli, taga naga din ako, dito ako ngayon sa BMC.

happy Trip, regards sa family mo

take care and godbless

Timeline

mabalos po,ang iniisip ko lang if baka iba ang isipin ng CO, baka maisip niyang we meet thru family.

kasi malapit lang na state ang fiance ko sa parents ko.

Congrats uli, taga naga din ako, dito ako ngayon sa BMC.

happy Trip, regards sa family mo

take care and godbless

Same here, naisip ko din yan..but they will know with the documents you will present, the dates will show, I was eager to present other proofs but quite lucky that we were not given a hard time.The pics of my fiance's visits to my family had dates, showed how long the gap was since we started talking as well as when he visited me here. Namanhikan muna sya doon,LOL. next state lng din ang fiance' ko to Michigan...Don't worry, as long as you are able to make a stand and details are consistent.

So you're at BMC? am here in Naga City Subd..walking distance lng,hehehe.

Our Medical Experience

AOS/EAD/AP

Congratulations ate Marie and the Girls.

have a safe trip to USA.

Ogmahon ako kan naaram ko na pasado ka sa interview mo, nuarin lang

grabe an kaba mo sa sa Medical asin interview mo, ngunyan tapos kana!

Ay, marhay kapa, makakaibahan mo na an padangat mo.maan lang kamo pirme.

God bless pirme. :luv:

Edited by my_panacea = Greg

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Congratulations ate Marie and the Girls.

have a safe trip to USA.

Ogmahon ako kan naaram ko na pasado ka sa interview mo, nuarin lang

grabe an kaba mo sa sa Medical asin interview mo, ngunyan tapos kana!

Ay, marhay kapa, makakaibahan mo na an padangat mo.maan lang kamo pirme.

God bless pirme. :luv:

Thanks sis! don't worry, time will run fast..like us, we even scheduled our medical/interview dates months after our NOA2 and now it seemed like yesterday we applied.LOL. This time the flight schedule again...i want things settled before leaving, ako na nakikiulay kay Michael to give me more time,hehe.

Good luck, keep believing.

Our Medical Experience

AOS/EAD/AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.