AllRightsReserved

K1/K2 MEDICAL EXPERIENCE

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oct.7 (Tue) : 6am - 6pm

*Arrived SLEC at 6am with my 2 girls. We were with Cloe (Jeffcloe). Lined up for the guard to check the appointment letter, given PDS forms and filled them up. (*make sure to have your own ballpoint pen and paste for the pics). Take note of the address and phone # of your nearest relative in the US if you have, one of the questions in the forms.

*Picture taking to be printed on the forms/encoding of data, then went on line again for the checking of the forms. My 15yo daughter was asked to repeat her signature few times since it differs from her passport, she don't have yet her permanent signature.LOL.

*Cashier - well, they got much from the 3 of us. :P

*Immunization interview - I was asked for the girls' records but I don't have a copy anymore (that's fine), if we all had chickenpox and looked for the scar, dates of our first day of our last menstruation (will be asked repeatedly down to the releasing area), last sexual contact, any previous hospitalization, if been afflicted with TB, any relative living with u with TB, etc...my daughter was asked to go out for a private conversation with me, I was asked if she got a bf, I said none, but got many crushes.LOL, told her my daughter is open with me with regards to those matters. Many questions, just be consistent until you finish the very last procedure so it wont make conflicts.

My 10 yo daughter was given tuberculin skin test and told to be back 48hrs after for the result. As a mom, the worries will always be there but since of my little know how, I know it will turn positive in 10yr time after a BCG is introduced at birth.

*Laboratory/urine tests - me and my 15yo daughter. My 10yo was exempted. Nothing much about this just make sure to endorse your urine specimen to the nurse in-charge and check your name is visible on the specimen bottle.

*Vital signs/height & weight/eye test - I happen to press hard my right eye, so as it was tested it was blurry, kept guessing the letters :lol: didn't matter anyway.

*X-ray dept.- as usual, the waiting sucks.LOL. you have to remove your top, wear a hospital gown and no need to tie it as you will be asked to untie during the procedure. Fast as you could (coz the technician's like rushing to finish everything she will instruct you to take a deep breath and hold it, not releasing until you're dead (joke! :bonk: ) ok, until she's done. That way you won't need to have repeat x-ray unless there got abnormal findings.

Oct.9 (Wed) - 10am- 7pm

As you enter, show your receipt. Guard will check on the master's list if you are scheduled for immunization that would mean your x-ray result was negative. (me and Portia) were scheduled for immunization but I wasn't that happy yet since we don't know yet the skin test result for Alexa, my 2nd daughter.

10am - Back for skin test interpretation, that's 48hrs after. The rash was that small which I knew it was not 10mm to be interpreted as positive. To my surprise, the Dr. said it's positive coz SLEC's cut off for a negative test is 5mm. So my daughter went for an xray.

*Physical exam at room #27, she was nice, greeted her, asked almost same questions.dates,etc. did the inspection and was asked to disrobe,prawn position, palpation, ####### check-up...simply open it apart. :P

As I was done, she asked the girls to get inside, interviewed with names and ages..I have instructed the girls beforehand about this procedure that they better not be thinking twice or else the doctor will get mad, so they did as instructed. We were like occupying the small room and was like messing up but glad she was that considerate.

*Immunization proper (me and 15yo daughter Portia) - I was called first and was given 2 shots (Tdap & MMR), the nurse was very accommodating.

Portia was not called yet, I was starting to worry coz I submitted our papers altogether, it was few hours gap after she was called. The girls started to whine, getting bored and sleepy but got no choice but wait (good I brought biscuits/juice,wrapped it in my jacket so the guard won't see :unsure: until she was called and was given 5 shots!! 2 each on her forearm and 1 on the thigh. As she went out the room, everything turned funny, she didn't cry at all but mama, I look like a dalmatian I got many patches! :lol: The exhaustion of waiting for hours just for the P.E. and immunization was relieved by laughters. Thanks tita Cloe for bearing with us.

Our results will be released altogether next day.

Oct.10 (Fri.) 2pm - 7pm

As a mom, you cant avoid to get worried with the result of the x-ray. We hurriedly checked on the guard's master list and YES! she was for immunization, she only got 2 shots as appropriate for her age.

Down to releasing section, you got to be interviewed again and again for identification. This time they will get your passport to be forwarded to the USEM with the medical results.

So far, we did not encounter any rude staffs, everything went smooth. The waiting really hurts. There were even of old ages but were not given priority. It's on a first come first served basis.

Went back to the hotel all smiles and girls are now making a deal for an ice cream. :D

Hope this experience helps esp.those under K1/k2 process. Previous posts helped me a lot which now I want to do with the rest of you here.

Thank you VJ! Thank you everyone! :)

PRAYERS...OUR BEST RECOURSE.

Edited by AllRightsReserved

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Oct.7 (Tue) : 6am - 6pm

*Arrived SLEC at 6am with my 2 girls. We were with Cloe (Jeffcloe). Lined up for the guard to check the appointment letter, given PDS forms and filled them up. (*make sure to have your own ballpoint pen and paste for the pics). Take note of the address and phone # of your nearest relative in the US if you have, one of the questions in the forms.

*Picture taking to be printed on the forms/encoding of data, then went on line again for the checking of the forms. My 15yo daughter was asked to repeat her signature few times since it differs from her passport, she don't have yet her permanent signature.LOL.

*Cashier - well, they got much from the 3 of us. :P

*Immunization interview - I was asked for the girls' records but I don't have a copy anymore (that's fine), if we all had chickenpox and looked for the scar, dates of our first day of our last menstruation (will be asked repeatedly down to the releasing area), last sexual contact, any previous hospitalization, if been afflicted with TB, any relative living with u with TB, etc...my daughter was asked to go out for a private conversation with me, I was asked if she got a bf, I said none, but got many crushes.LOL, told her my daughter is open with me with regards to those matters. Many questions, just be consistent until you finish the very last procedure so it wont make conflicts.

My 10 yo daughter was given tuberculin skin test and told to be back 48hrs after for the result. As a mom, the worries will always be there but since of my little know how, I know it will turn positive in 10yr time after a BCG is introduced at birth.

*Laboratory/urine tests - me and my 15yo daughter. My 10yo was exempted. Nothing much about this just make sure to endorse your urine specimen to the nurse in-charge and check your name is visible on the specimen bottle.

*Vital signs/height & weight/eye test - I happen to press hard my right eye, so as it was tested it was blurry, kept guessing the letters :lol: didn't matter anyway.

*X-ray dept.- as usual, the waiting sucks.LOL. you have to remove your top, wear a hospital gown and no need to tie it as you will be asked to untie during the procedure. Fast as you could (coz the technician's like rushing to finish everything she will instruct you to take a deep breath and hold it, not releasing until you're dead (joke! :bonk: ) ok, until she's done. That way you won't need to have repeat x-ray unless there got abnormal findings.

Oct.9 (Wed) - 10am- 7pm

As you enter, show your receipt. Guard will check on the master's list if you are scheduled for immunization that would mean your x-ray result was negative. (me and Portia) were scheduled for immunization but I wasn't that happy yet since we don't know yet the skin test result for Alexa, my 2nd daughter.

10am - Back for skin test interpretation, that's 48hrs after. The rash was that small which I knew it was not 10mm to be interpreted as positive. To my surprise, the Dr. said it's positive coz SLEC's cut off for a negative test is 5mm. So my daughter went for an xray.

*Physical exam at room #27, she was nice, greeted her, asked almost same questions.dates,etc. did the inspection and was asked to disrobe,prawn position, palpation, ####### check-up...simply open it apart. :P

As I was done, she asked the girls to get inside, interviewed with names and ages..I have instructed the girls beforehand about this procedure that they better not be thinking twice or else the doctor will get mad, so they did as instructed. We were like occupying the small room and was like messing up but glad she was that considerate.

*Immunization proper (me and 15yo daughter Portia) - I was called first and was given 2 shots (Tdap & MMR), the nurse was very accommodating.

Portia was not called yet, I was starting to worry coz I submitted our papers altogether, it was few hours gap after she was called. The girls started to whine, getting bored and sleepy but got no choice but wait (good I brought biscuits/juice,wrapped it in my jacket so the guard won't see :unsure: until she was called and was given 5 shots!! 2 each on her forearm and 1 on the thigh. As she went out the room, everything turned funny, she didn't cry at all but mama, I look like a dalmatian I got many patches! :lol: The exhaustion of waiting for hours just for the P.E. and immunization was relieved by laughters. Thanks tita Cloe for bearing with us.

Our results will be released altogether next day.

Oct.10 (Fri.) 2pm - 7pm

As a mom, you cant avoid to get worried with the result of the x-ray. We hurriedly checked on the guard's master list and YES! she was for immunization, she only got 2 shots as appropriate for her age.

Down to releasing section, you got to be interviewed again and again for identification. This time they will get your passport to be forwarded to the USEM with the medical results.

So far, we did not encounter any rude staffs, everything went smooth. The waiting really hurts. There were even of old ages but were not given priority. It's on a first come first served basis.

Went back to the hotel all smiles and girls are now making a deal for an ice cream. :D

Hope this experience helps esp.those under K1/k2 process. Previous posts helped me a lot which now I want to do with the rest of you here.

Thank you VJ! Thank you everyone! :)

PRAYERS...OUR BEST RECOURSE.

Thank You for posting your expercience here.. :)

<a href="http://www.weddingcountdown.com" target="_blank">

1erbva.png

</a>

Timeline
Is the medical a 3 day process? I thought just 1

It's a 2 day process normally but since I got a daughter 15yo below, it's a pre-requisite to have Tuberculin Skin Test wherein it takes 48hrs to get interpreted as positive or negative..as a normal reaction for kids it will be positive where they will require an xray. Time consuming really.

There were some who were asked a week after for the 2nd day of their medical coz their interview schedule isn't that soon yet.

Our Medical Experience

AOS/EAD/AP

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

Timeline

Thank You for posting your expercience here.. :)

You're much welcome! :)

congrtas!

Thanks sis!

Our Medical Experience

AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations... :thumbs:

If not for you and the kids, the waiting during the medical will be very boring. Thanks...

Hahaha I remember the kids were not allowed to eat ice cream or anything cold and sweet before the medical LOL LOL (coz you're being a paranoid mom hahaha) oopppsss :whistle: don't worry sis, it's just between the two of us LOL

Miss yah!

Cloe

Edited by jeffcloe

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

II Corinthians 5:7

Timeline
Congratulations... :thumbs:

If not for you and the kids, the waiting during the medical will be very boring. Thanks...

Hahaha I remember the kids were not allowed to eat ice cream or anything cold and sweet before the medical LOL LOL (coz you're being a paranoid mom hahaha) oopppsss :whistle: don't worry sis, it's just between the two of us LOL

Miss yah!

Cloe

You were just like my eldest daughter sis I could of not let you take any cold drink too.. :rofl:

Anyways, thank you very much for bearing with us, the waiting is that bad but worth it!

Kudos! 550452sulha8orwd.gif550452sulha8orwd.gif550452sulha8orwd.gif550452sulha8orwd.gif

Our Medical Experience

AOS/EAD/AP

Timeline

SIs,,,MAria,,

i want to Make HAbol... Basta ikaw and our others carebears ,,, hindi ako pahuhuli .Anyways ,,,, i can remmber now how you and your Kids was in pain during that day ,, eheheh . Parang kayung Robot na hindi maka galaw ang cute nyo tinggan ,, Si portia nangka stiff neck panga ,pero sulit sis ang pagod, and time and effort natin,,

COngraTS talaga saInyo sis ,,, :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

lav you all

AOS/EAD/AP

09/23/2009 ***** Mailed to Chicago

09/25/2009 ***** Received

09/30/2009 ***** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD)

10/28/2009 ***** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/6/2009

11/20/2009 ***** Appt. to have fingerprints re-taken

12/20/2009 ***** EAD Card received

03/01/2010 ***** Welcome Notice mailed

03/02/2010 ***** Card production (AOS)

03/08/2010 ***** Approval notice mailed

03/08/2010 ***** GREEN CARD received

05/06/2010 ***** SSN CARD received

l="http://www.spenceandlovie.com"]http://www.spenceandlovie.com[/url].

http://www.visak1k3.com[/b]..

13583189_b331c1081224330029_m.jpg

"Our Journey will never end and always continue to create a story of our lives together" Spence , You own my heart and this will always beating for you,Mahal na Mahal kita"

Timeline
SIs,,,MAria,,

i want to Make HAbol... Basta ikaw and our others carebears ,,, hindi ako pahuhuli .Anyways ,,,, i can remmber now how you and your Kids was in pain during that day ,, eheheh . Parang kayung Robot na hindi maka galaw ang cute nyo tinggan ,, Si portia nangka stiff neck panga ,pero sulit sis ang pagod, and time and effort natin,,

COngraTS talaga saInyo sis ,,, :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

lav you all

congrats you made it!!!!!!!

I-129F Sent............................02-21-08

I-129F NOA1...........................02-24-08

I-129F NOA2...........................07-31-08

NVC Received.........................07-14-08

Consulate Received.................07-20-08

Appointment Letter Received....07-31-08

Medical Exam..........................08-26,27-08

Paid Delbros (DV)....................09-09-08

USEM released docs to N.S.O......09-15-08

Interview Date........................09-19-08 (pink slip and white slip for dv)

N.S.O forward dv to USEM...........10-10-08

Papers are ready for review at the Counsel....10-27-08

Waiting for the printing for my visa................11-3-08

Visa Received.........................11-7-08

flight to USA...........................11-15-08

POE DETROIT..........................11-16-08

Married..................................12-30-08

S.S.S.....................................Nov-20-08

State I.D ...............................Nov-22-08

Working Permit........................Feb-12-09

GreenCard...............................Jun-4-09

Let JESUS be

the owner of your Heart...

Let his love be

your inspiration

to live life For

his Glory.....

May the two Heart

finally beat as one

523135dk607du962.gif 2843e33xll20h8.gif

Congrats on Passing your and the kids medical!!!!

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Timeline

Lady, Dawn and Ninfa..and sa lahat...walang katapusan na thank you sa greetings.

Sa lahat na waiting and just started the process, kaya niyo yan. VJ family will always be here for you.

Our Medical Experience

AOS/EAD/AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.