VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      News     Members

Toggle Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion

Forum Last Post Info

K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures

1. K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports,
  2. IMBRA Special Topics

Discussion on the US immigration procedure to obtain a K1 Fiance(e) Visa for a non US Citizen (living overseas) engaged to a US Citizen. K2 Visas for children of the foreign fiance(e) (if applicable) are also discussed.

July filers at TSC - last post by qwas112

IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures

1. IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports,
  2. K-3 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures,
  3. K-3 Spousal Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports

Discussion on the US immigration procedure to obtain a IR1 or CR1 Spouse Visa for a non US Citizen (living overseas) married to a US Citizen. IR2 and CR2 Visas for children of a foreign spouse are also discussed.

NVC Filers - December 2014 - last post by Saylin

Direct Consular Filing (DCF) General Discussion

Discussion on an expedited IR1 / CR1 Visa processing procedure if both the US Citizen and their non US Citizen spouse are living overseas (residence).

I-864 Question on country o... - last post by Stressed Out

Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America

Discussion on bringing a US Citizen's family members (other than a spouse or fiance) to America. This includes bringing children, parents, brothers and sisters. For spouses please see the K3 or IR-1 forums.

ALL F4's 2 - last post by Blizknight

Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America

Discussion on bringing a Permanent Resident's (Green Card Holder's) family members to America. This can include bringing a spouse (husband or wife) or children.

A Thread for F2a i-130 July... - last post by SiVin

What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration

Discussion on family based US visa options.

Advice on marriage - last post by _Paul&Jesica_

Toggle Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion

Forum Last Post Info

Tourist Visas

Discussion on tourist visas (B-1/B-2) to the US. People wishing to enter temporarily for pleasure, tourism, business or medical treatment should post here.

show money for Tourist visa - last post by Boiler

Work Visas

Discussion on Work based visas to the USA. Hundreds of thousands of people each year enter the US and potentially may even choose to stay and immigrate to the US. H, L, O, P and Q Visas are discussed here.

L2 Visa health requirements - last post by Penguin_ie

Student & Exchange Visitor Visas

Discussion on Student (F & M) and Exchange Visitor (J) Visas for the USA. Many people come to the US each year with a student or Exchange visa and ultimately may find long term work or even immigrate with their new or existing family.

Haitian Student Visa for 13... - last post by mtcmk1

Diversity Lottery Visas

The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program makes available visas annually, drawn from a random selection among all entries from eligible countries. This is an immigrant visa that allows a direct path to becoming a US Permanent Resident.

dv lottery selectee - last post by oBj

Toggle Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion

Forum Last Post Info

National Visa Center (Dept of State)

Discussion on the US National Visa Center. All petitions for Visas pass through the NVC before going overseas. If you are wondering "What's up at the NVC!", then post here! NVC Phone# 603-334-0700.

Case completed at NVC, when... - last post by CVGetz

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

Discussion on US embassies and Consulates around the world. Visa specific questions should be posted in their respective forums. Please post your interview experiences in the review section.

Has anyone else experienced... - last post by Natasha&Noor

Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)

Discussion on administrative processes and waivers required for US visa applicants that have been found inadmissible or previously deported, removed or voluntarily departed the US without an order of deportation.

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, P... - last post by ayeshashehzad

USCIS Service Centers

Discussion on the 5 major USCIS Service Centers: Texas, Vermont, Nebraska, California and Missouri (National Benefits Center). To find out current processing times click here.

Nebraska service center - last post by Reanjo

Toggle US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion

Forum Last Post Info

Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas

1. Adjustment of Status Case Filing and Progress Reports

Discussion on filing for Adjustment of Status (AOS) to become a permanent resident in America. This process is lengthy and can be confusing at first. Please post your interview experiences in the review section.

Documents to translate - last post by hir0

Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas

1. Adjustment of Status Case Filing and Progress Reports

Discussion on filing for Adjustment of Status (AOS) from a Work, Student or Tourist Visa. Please post your interview experiences in the review section.

December 2014 AOS Filings - last post by little bee

Working & Traveling During US Immigration

1. Social Security Numbers

Discussion on working and traveling for US immigrants both before and after obtaining US Permanent Residence. Employment Authorization Documents (EAD), Advance Parole (AP) and Social Security Numbers (SSN) (in its sub-forum) are discussed here.

what happened in airport wi... - last post by Maria and Mike

Tax & Finances During US Immigration

Discussion on Tax and Financial Topics Relating to US Immigration.

IRS topic - last post by cheery

Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion

Discussion on "Removing Conditions" for Conditional Permanent Residents (I-751).

i-751 January 2014 filers - last post by Tim & Olga

US Citizenship General Discussion

1. Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA),
  2. Passports, etc. - What to do now that you are a US citizen

Discussion on filing for Naturalization (N-400) to become a US Citizen. This is for anyone wishing to become a US Citizen despite how they entered the US.

Hartford,CT field office - last post by sherif23

Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits

Discussion on topics such as divorce or even the loss of life of a petitioning relative (Family Member) and how it may affect immigration related benefits.

Vawa Part 5 - last post by blest.but.strest

Military Immigration-Related Discussion

Discussion on US immigration for US military members and their families.

FEMALE RETIRED VET/FIANCE A... - last post by AT20000

General Immigration-Related Discussion

Discussion on general US immigration topics.

US spouse wishing to become... - last post by UnaMexicana

Toggle General Discussion Area General Discussion Area

Forum Last Post Info

Off Topic

Off Topic discussion not relating to US Immigration. For politics or religion please use the below sub forum.

International Pro's and... - last post by Teddy B

Games While You Wait

Game threads of all sorts go here. Have fun!

Create as much word as U can - last post by Jawaree

Current Events and Hot Social Topics

Discussion on the latest news, current events and hot social topics including politics and religion.

2 NYPD officers shot, kille... - last post by I AM NOT THAT GUY

Regional Discussion

1. Africa: Sub-Saharan,
  2. Asia: East and Pacific,
  3. Asia: South,
  4. Australia and New Zealand,
  5. Canada,
  6. Caribbean,
  7. China,
  8. Europe & Eurasia (except the UK and Russia),
  9. India,
  10. Mexico, Latin & South America,
  11. Middle East and North Africa,
  12. Philippines,
  13. Russia, Ukraine and Belarus,
  14. Thailand,
  15. United Kingdom,
  16. Vietnam

Discussion on US Immigration from major regions around the world. Topics include travel, moving, what to eat and any other experience you may wish to share or inquire about. Have fun!

Officially Sent K-1 Visa - last post by coa24

Moving to the US and Your New Life In America

Post your experiences after arriving in America. How has your life changed? Share things like if you got work authorization; is it what you thought it would be; are you happy, etc.

Today is our TENTH wedding... - last post by slangofoil

Finding Work in America

Discussion on finding work in America as a new or current US immigrant. Often times something as simple as "references" from previous employment overseas can difficult. With any luck, this forum will bring the power of the community together to help everyone find work in the US :).

Psychology Degree - last post by yuna628

Introducing our Members

Enter a short bit about yourself and your family member :)

Hello from Canada - last post by Keith J

General Polls

This section is where general polls are kept. If it directly relates to another category, post it there instead. Stop by and drop your vote!

Wedgies, si man! - last post by TBoneTX

US Immigration News and Discussion

Discussion on the latest US immigration news

Amnesty by decree likely to... - last post by TBoneTX

Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc.

This is where you can discuss what you think about the site. Feel free to post what you think!

Profile photo - last post by KayDeeCee

Latest Immigration Posts

• show money for Tourist visa 
    Last Reply: Boiler, Today, 11:18 AM
    How much 'show money'for US tourist visa? No sponsorship
  • Officially Sent K-1 Visa 
    Last Reply: coa24, Today, 11:17 AM
    So I am finally there. Sent, ready to receive my future wife in the states when that time comes. We are hoping for a miracle and that we do not get TX, but since I am from Virg...
  • NVC Filers - December 2014 
    Last Reply: Saylin, Today, 11:17 AM
    Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC.   The last one for 2014!    This thread is strictly for questions and progress. If you wa...
  • Does anyone faced this kind of problem?? 
    Last Reply: K415, Today, 11:16 AM
    NVC didn't recognize the Police clearance Certificate issued by High Commission of India at Singapore.  In the month of October, I have received Checklist from NVC, as...
  • July filers at TSC 
    Last Reply: qwas112, Today, 11:14 AM
    I started this only because the July Filers group has a lot of CSC members and all their posts are making my hopfeully but slightly discourgaing, mainly because I want to be in...

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

813 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

146 members, 660 guests, 7 anonymous users   (See full list)

Thai1On, Boiler, coa24, mugisco, Transborderwife, aikochan, mlh, kzielu, TheAndies, vanity08, Neil81, barrogten, samlog, Ke&Abdi, pinksummer17, jay babe, I AM NOT THAT GUY, Munafn, AR&CB, shahara2013, Perez2012, Qbanita, LoveinGhana, JimmyHou, brijakash, Mr. Big Dog, Saylin, charmed2006, Cata y Nathan, CanadianMom, roddie2k, K415, JuaLee1220, Shalina67, BatmanFlow, mr&mrsani, GandD, Lauren and Kevin, Rune, ItsGonnaBeWorthIt, advice_apple, Longrangeshootr, john.smith, McFast, sherif23, Wait4ever?, wait4godsgrace, Fehervirag, BRosa, qwas112, Josh1987, kins8487, NewOrleansJerry, BraveAmnay, youngman2013, Coasty, Allison_Simon2014, yirslena94, Karee, lightypink325, adair, Jen VB, sobitdecember, Mutahir, Taskova, demelat, Husband Wife, dnp2014, GoLdEnSkY99, Diop, Seandake, Andrea_Ahmed, TheChoosen1, randeep1, Maharosa, kitthekat, Jamy2014, tdier, Meghan&Andrey, maddypranav, brown007, hir0, saarant88, LDN2DEN, msbau764, kronina, rs_123, DC85, cherokee501, Marcoz, baron555, nichi, Aschenbecher, Marvin and Su, Stressed Out, vbms, jackandrose123, Taureti, g&x, sarahbella, Utopia, diggeranu, kakkaroto, Slimptom7, Loveforeverfeb8, Adbaker01, Not a Tailor, feeling_hopeful, G Walters, Mozeze, MoBar65, JRLP, luckytwo15, KNG755, Marco&Bettina, azzein, aspec, patnjac, zjess21, PGYST, Miter, liz&javier, VJVasi, Derwood, pocheros, Hin-d, 2014petition, AncaFab, sandranj, Atcoolio, lostinblue, j&ana, A+J <3, twosmews, yenni87, M.hassan, mueed, Headingbackhome, Canya2, skyking02, eeobrien, demayorca, ana y ray, ChuckM, angelboo31, THETIMEISNOW