VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Toggle Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion

Forum Last Post Info

K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures

1. K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports,
  2. IMBRA Special Topics

This forum discusses the US immigration procedure used to obtain a K1 Fiance(e) Visa for a non US Citizen (living overseas) engaged to a US Citizen. K2 Visas for children of the foreign fiance(e) (if applicable) are also discussed.

Waiting for NOA2 at TSC? Th... - last post by lorella

IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures

1. IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports,
  2. K-3 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures,
  3. K-3 Spousal Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports

This forum discusses the US immigration procedure used to obtain an IR1 or CR1 Spouse Visa for a non US Citizen (living overseas) married to a US Citizen. IR2 and CR2 Visas for children of a foreign spouse are also discussed.

questions about i-864 - last post by ILvRaceHorses

Direct Consular Filing (DCF) General Discussion

This forum discusses an expedited IR1 / CR1 Visa processing procedure if both the US Citizen and their non US Citizen spouse are living overseas (residence).

Packet 3:  Court and Prison... - last post by dakotatp

Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America

This forum is for discussion on bringing a US Citizen's family members (other than a spouse or fiance) to America. This includes bringing children, parents, brothers and sisters. For spouses please see the K3 or IR-1 forums.

Can Uncle who is US citizen... - last post by Janice&Micah

Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America

This forum is for discussing general issues regarding bringing a Permanent Resident's (Green Card Holder's) family members to America. This can include bringing a spouse (husband or wife) or children.

F2A - NVC Stage questions - last post by tim131

What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration

This forum is to discuss family based US visa options.

Which route to take - K1 or... - last post by NLR

Toggle Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion

Forum Last Post Info

Tourist Visas

This forum is for discussion tourist visas (B-1/B-2) to the US. People wishing to enter temporarily for pleasure, tourism, business or medical treatment should post here.

B2 Visa - Will US Embassy c... - last post by gustavo2319

Work Visas

This forum is for discussion on Work based visas to the USA. Hundreds of thousands of people each year enter the US and potentially may even choose to stay and immigrate to the US. H, L, O, P and Q Visas are discussed here.

Best approach for E-2 child - last post by Boiler

Student & Exchange Visitor Visas

This forum is for discussing Student (F & M) and Exchange Visitor (J) Visas for the USA. Many people come to the US each year with a student or Exchange visa and ultimately may find long term work or even immigrate with their new or existing family.

b1/b2 to f1 visa - last post by canadian_wife

Diversity Lottery Visas

The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program makes available visas annually, drawn from a random selection among all entries from eligible countries. This is an immigrant visa that allows a direct path to becoming a US Permanent Resident.

A question about entering t... - last post by jayjaym

Toggle Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion

Forum Last Post Info

National Visa Center (Dept of State)

All petitions for Visas pass through here before going overseas. The NVC is also the clearing house for many petition types. If you are wondering "What's up at the NVC!", then post here! NVC Phone# 603-334-0700.

F2A - NVC Stage questions - last post by tim131

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This forum is for general experiences or questions related to US embassies around the world. Visa specific questions should be posted in their respective forums. Please post your interview experiences in the review section.

My Fiancee get a call to co... - last post by vlcrain

Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)

This forum is for discussion on the administrative processes and waivers sometimes required for visa applicants that have been found inadmissible or previously deported, removed or voluntarily departed the US without an order of deportation.

I-601 HELP! At NVC stage aw... - last post by commandergirl1

USCIS Service Centers

This forum is for posting information on the 5 major USCIS Service Centers: Texas, Vermont, Nebraska, California and Missouri (National Benefits Center). To find out current processing times click here.

Texas Service Center - last post by tim131

Toggle US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion

Forum Last Post Info

Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas

1. Adjustment of Status Case Filing and Progress Reports

Once you are in the US you will need to file for Adjustment of Status (AOS) to become a permanent resident of the USA. This process is lengthy and can be confusing at first. Please post your interview experiences in the review section.

Sending AOS off tomorrow, l... - last post by sweet cakes

Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas

1. Adjustment of Status Case Filing and Progress Reports

This forum is to discuss the process of filing for Adjustment of Status (AOS) from a Work, Student or Tourist Visa. Please post your interview experiences in the review section.

February 2014 Filers - last post by hz101

Working & Traveling During US Immigration

1. Social Security Numbers

This forum discusses working and traveling for US immigrants both before and after obtaining US Permanent Residence. Employment Authorization Documents (EAD), Advance Parole (AP) and Social Security Numbers (SSN) (in its sub-forum) are discussed here.

Traveling on AP BEFORE gree... - last post by Ighaepero

Tax & Finances During US Immigration

Discussion on Tax and Financial Topics Relating to US Immigration.

Please help!! married filli... - last post by Birdo

Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion

This forum is for sharing your experiences in "Removing Conditions" for Conditional Permanent Residents (I-751).

i-751 March 2014 Filers UNI... - last post by s&c1

US Citizenship General Discussion

1. Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA),
  2. Passports, etc. - What to do now that you are a US citizen

Discussion on filing for Naturalization (N-400) to become a US Citizen. This is for anyone wishing to become a US Citizen despite how they entered the US.

Divorced single mom filing!!! - last post by aaron2020

Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits

This forum is dedicated to topics such as but not limited to divorce or even the loss of life of a petitioning relative (Family Member) and how it may affect immigration related benefits.

Got married on a K1 in Marc... - last post by Novembro

Military Immigration-Related Discussion

This forum is for discussing general immigration issues related to members (and family) of the US Military

Any national guard/reserve... - last post by banka0809

General Immigration-Related Discussion

This forum is for discussing general immigration topics.

asylum for stateless Palest... - last post by MacUK

Toggle General Discussion Area General Discussion Area

Forum Last Post Info

Off Topic

Off Topic discussion not relating to US Immigration. For politics or religion please use the below sub forum.

Black Toenails and Killer C... - last post by Merrytooth

Games While You Wait

Game threads of all sorts go here. Have fun!

How Many Hats? "Part 4... - last post by X Factor

Current Events and Hot Social Topics

Discussion on the latest news, current events and hot social topics including politics and religion.

Bill O’Reilly Tries to Enli... - last post by Danno

Regional Discussion

1. Africa: Sub-Saharan,
  2. Asia: East and Pacific,
  3. Asia: South,
  4. Australia and New Zealand,
  5. Canada,
  6. Caribbean,
  7. China,
  8. Europe & Eurasia (except the UK and Russia),
  9. India,
  10. Mexico, Latin & South America,
  11. Middle East and North Africa,
  12. Philippines,
  13. Russia, Ukraine and Belarus,
  14. Thailand,
  15. United Kingdom,
  16. Vietnam

This Forum is dedicated to discussion on the major regions around the world. Topics of discussion may include travel, moving, what to eat and any other experience you may wish to share or inquire about. Have fun!

EMBASSY - last post by liz&Ivan

Moving Here and Your New Life In America

Post your experiences after arriving in America. How has your life changed? Share things like if you got work authorization; is it what you thought it would be; are you happy, etc.

Husband is getting a driver... - last post by @@mirpeArL

Finding Work in America

This forum is where members can discuss the topic of finding work in America as a new or current immigrant. Often times something as simple as "references" from previous employment overseas can difficult. With any luck, this forum will bring the power of the community together to help everyone find work in the US :).

How long did it take you to... - last post by maritoni

Introducing our Members

Enter a short bit about yourself and your family member :)

New member, Nick, saying Hi! - last post by Kaylara

General Polls

This section is where general polls are kept. If it directly relates to another category, post it there instead. Stop by and drop your vote!

The "If You Met Online... - last post by Morningmist

Immigration News and Discussion

This section is for immigration related news and discussion

Expect more delays in '... - last post by Hotter Otter

Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc.

This is where you can discuss what you think about the site. Feel free to post what you think!

Tapatalk - last post by carton025

Latest Immigration Posts

• Got married on a K1 in March, filed for an annulment and husband took off. 
    Last Reply: Novembro, Today, 10:14 AM
    Can someone please tell me who I can contact or what my next step would be.  I brought my fiancé here on a K1 visa, we got married and after a month he turned into a c...
  • EMBASSY 
    Last Reply: liz&Ivan, Today, 10:14 AM
    Email the us embassy today asking about my case status they say its undergoing administrative processing but when I check the CEAC site its jus say. Ready is this normal ?
  • asylum for stateless Palestinian 
    Last Reply: MacUK, Today, 10:14 AM
    hi all a friend of mine living in Jordan , having a temporary Jordanian passport only two years passport , "stateless Palestinian " http://www.fmreview....R26/FMR2603....
  • questions about i-864 
    Last Reply: ILvRaceHorses, Today, 10:13 AM
    i am filling out i-864 (AOS). Here is my questions: 1. On part 6 question #13.a (adjusted gross income for three most recent years). what should i put here for years 2...
  • Divorced single mom filing!!! 
    Last Reply: aaron2020, Today, 10:10 AM
    Hello members! I have few questions:1. My marriage did not work out and my husband found someone else. I'm gonna be sending papers in june (5 years residency) my question - do t...

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    lei1111

a question becuase i am trying to help my son and his wife file for immigration. do you file i 30 or IR1/CR1? they met 2006 in hawaii, lived together is US til 2009 then japanese citizen moved back to japan to have child, she came to az in 2012 and they married, she stayed for one month visit and had to go back to japan. what needs to be filed to get her greencard and the child citizenship. or what is best. where to start. please help.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      17 Apr
    Joe/Rose

It,s been 9 days since my fiancee had her interview. They told her to pick her passport today at HAITI MESSAGER. When I check on ceac.state.gov, the status says "No Status" under the Non-immigrant visa (NIV) section; however, when I checked under the Immigrant Visa (IV) section, it says 'READY' (for interview)" and last update is april 10 which is one day after the interview. I also checked on HAITI Messager website to see if the passport was delevered, it shows that her...

• Photo
      17 Apr
    Darrien&Lei

Going on 2 years married and happy! She has adjusted so well. Working and school and I spoiled her rotten..

Show comments (1)
View All Updates